- 3 boxes of white cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups of sour cream (don’t even think of buying the low-fat)
- 9 eggs (room temp), sit them in a bowl of hot water for 5 min
- 1 cup of oil
- 3 cups of whole milk (i didn’t say skim!)
- Zest of 2 lemons, 2 limes, 2 oranges, 2 pink grapefruits
- McCormick NEON Food Color
Mix all the above in a ginormous bowl and then divide into 6 individuals bowls. Use the back of the food color box to come up with some wild colors of your own. This is how I got the cool cat colors. Pour into 6 round cake pans and bake 2 at a time at 350 degrees for 30min. Where to find fresh spun cotton candy? I found mine at Belmont Park. If you’ve gotten this far in the recipe you are even wackier than I am. And if you live in San Diego, don’t you even dare ask me to bake this monster again!